Nominate for this years Excellence in School Nursing Award
This announcement has 2 attachments:
NEBRASKA EXCELLENCE IN SCHOOL NURSING
Guidelines and Criteria for Selection
To recognize the contributions of Nebraska School Nurses by honoring one School nurse who has demonstrated leadership and excellence in the practice of School nursing.
Sponsor: Nebraska School Nurses Association
- Registered professional nurse, NSNA member, for the current and preceding two years.
- Must have five years’ experience as a school nurse and currently practice full-time as a school nurse. (Full-time shall mean working the full position that is available even though that position may be less than 40 hours/week.)
- Must present evidence of leadership and excellence in school nursing practice.
- Full-time supervisors and administrators who provide direct services to students are eligible if 50 percent of time is spent in direct care.
Criteria for Selection:
- Provider of Client Care
- Program Management
- Health Education
- Professional Development
- Political/Legislative Activity
- Community Involvement
Procedure for Submission of Application:
- Complete the NSNA Nomination Form.
- Attach a letter of support indicating your reasons for nomination. Use the above criteria as a guideline for the content of the letter.
- Application must be postmarked no later than April 13, 2018.
- Initial screening of applications will be made by the Executive Board of Nebraska School Nurses Association. The Selection Committee may include the Executive Board of NSNA, a member-at-large from a nursing specialty, and a public servant; i.e., school board member, superintendent, or a PTA representative.
- Selection will be made by May 18, 2018.
- Candidate selected will be notified prior to publication of his/her selection.
- The individual selected will be announced during the Annual Meeting.
- Individual will be nominated for recognition by National Association of School
- Nurses (NASN) and will be submitted for year 2018-2019.
- A booklet of supporting letters, biographical sketch, and a brief narrative will be submitted to National no later than March 1, 2019.